The well supplied craft table

What do YOU have on your craft table?    The supplies that become "must have" are a bit overwhelming.... in that spirit I have added a video (see below) that I find hilariously accurate!   Whilst the star of the video is a scrapper (scrapbooking) and I'm not, there are way too many similarites... although her craft area looks like it has just got a wee bit out of control.

The first stamp I purchased was a  single Stampin' Up! stamp called Dasher.   I thought how cute it would be if I could add him to cards or envelopes I sent out around Christmas time.  Of course, then I needed ink pads as the only ink I had was for calligraphy pens and one lone dark blue ink pad from the office!    So I bought a few inkpads of various types.   Then I needed cardstock so I bought a bit of that in a generic brand.  I found a craft destash page on Facebook and a kind woman not too far from me, unloaded virtually ALL her unwanted craft supplies - I ended up with a huge box of patterned papers, punches, inks, stamps and various embellishments, and a Big Kick machine for embossing and die cuts.     I was like a kid in a candy store - and so were my daughters.  It was all so thrilling!    

Then I found a Facebook group that was purely for the buying and selling of Stampin' Up! (SU) retired stock and I was a goner.  You see, I REALLY like the quality of their wood mount stamps.  I REALLY like their ink pads (I preferred their older style fabric pads to the new foam ones, but they new ones are still pretty good).   I LOVE their punches.     I visited my nearest SU demonstrator and found someone who had the same addictive personality and was glad I was not alone!   I had timed it (unknowingly) at the the time of the yearly catalogue release and she had retired SU items for sale... that I could see in the flesh before I bought.   Seventh heaven!!    She also showed me how wonderful chalk pastels, watercolours, blending pens, glitter cardstock, embossing and die cuts could be.   I walked away with punches, cardstock, dsp (designer series paper), ribbons and a list of "wants" a mile long.

Just over 12 months later, I have way too many stamps/stamp sets to count, an excellent collection of punches, a huge array of inkpads, pretty papers, cardstock, glues, tapes, trimmers, pastels, markers, watercolours and so on... virtually everything on that wish list has become reality!     Isn't it fortunate that SU and other companies keep bringing out new things to tempt us!?   Sometimes for my sanity I just can't look or I might just end up like Linda, LOL.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts