Adding Embellishments


I'm not one for adding tons of embellishments.  I like clean and simple, but realise this isn't to everyone's taste.    I know this as I have received quite a few cards in swaps and thought the maker must have tried to stack as many ribbons, flowers, brads, charms and rhinestones as they could possibly fit.     I'm sure they were severely disappointed when they received mine in return.  Or maybe they used them as a base card and added more on :) .

However embellishments can escalate a super simple card into something a bit more special.


While  I'm desperately looking for some cards I've made with more than a token three rhinestones in the corner,  take a look at this simple glitter christmas card.  Although it looked great with just the glitter cardstock as the matt, the addition of a beaut little rhinestone charm attached with a small brad so that it moved and caught the light, finished it off perfectly.


OK.... found some (phew). 

This card is pretty darn simple.   Matted with patterned paper then the stamping has been coloured with watercolours.  The addition of that little strand of cotton twine done up with a bow adds the final touch.  (Try covering it up with a piece of paper... without the twine, nice but boring.  With the twine its something special :)

This next one is matted multiple times and the stamping is once again coloured with watercolours.   If there were no rhinestones it would still be a lovely card, but they certainly add some sparkle -  and what girl doesn't like sparkle!


And last but not least from my meager collection of embellished cards (you know I really have a ton of embellishments, I either need to stop buying them or add a few more on in future!)   this one is matted with patterned paper, multiple layers added and a couple of little Prima flowers topped with a flower brad adds balance and interest.



And last but not least, I found one I had mad where the embellishments are actually the feature.   Here I have used large rhinestones (about 25mm long) as the baubles.   It's still simple and striking without being overladen. 


Comments

Popular Posts