- White or off white cardstock or premade cardbases
- A pad of pretty papers, at least 6x6" size.
- A guillotine or paper trimmer
- A scoring tool and ruler - update this to a scoring board later.
- A craft mat
- A roll of double sided tape or a small double sided tape dispenser
- A small bottle of PVA type glue
- A stamp set of greetings
- A stamp set of flowers or whatever sort of images you think you would use
- If you are using cling mount stamps (not mounted on wood) you will need acrylic blocks for the stamps to cling to when you use them.
- A couple of different coloured ink pads or ink markers that you can use instead
- A punch that will fit most of your greetings.
- A small selection of embellishments
- Cleaning fluid and pad to clean your stamps
Most of these general supplies (except stamps & cleaners, punch and possibly inks) can be found in your local Big W, $2 shop, Officeworks, Spotlight or local newsagent. You may even have some of the supplies in or on your office desk - have a look!
You will find your first creations won't be that adventurous... this card for example was about the 2nd card I ever made....
....but by the 4th, see how much I've improved as I started to experiment and to look at other people's creations on Google, Pinterest and interest group websites.
I joined an interest group with a monthly challenge that has been great for stretching my boundaries and encouraging me to try new techniques and looks.
Here are 2 cards the girls made (age 12) a few cards in and almost a year ago to the day. It's definitely a craft where you can see improvement quickly!