Thankyou Card using A Whole Lot of Lovely







Whilst I appreciate the stamp companies like us to buy their new stamps each year and with Stampin’ Up! at least, their new patterned papers and coloured cardstock with their “in colours”, it's not always practical for the hobbyist to update their colours unless they only buy small amounts so need to buy more (personally, I’m not that organised!).  So if you’re like me you have quantities of the now “out” colours and papers and ribbons and probably more “retired” stamp sets than “current”.


 
So, not to let these pretties languish, I happily use them all and will until my stockpile runs out (with the quantity I make, that’s highly unlikely lol).   And on the matter of “retired” stamps I was looking for the name of a small set that I bought that was from 2004 and so spent some time looking through the 2004 online catalogue.  Well, what can I say but ‘everything old is new again’!  Well, maybe not everything, but I saw a number of sets that looked remarkably like sets from last year’s catalogue…. I guess it is a dozen years in between and a whole new generation of stampers are finding these ones for the first time, but it just makes me happy to sit on my “collection” a bit longer 😃


Anyway, to today’s card.   I used SU cardstock and DSP in summer starfruit and primrose petals – an odd combination in most cases, however it does work!   The ribbon is SU too in the same Summer Starfruit and the stamps I used are from the also retired A Whole Lot of Lovely.   I like the combination of the stripes in the ribbon and the dots on the DSP and rather than just trim the front sentiment into a rectangle, I used a recent purchase of a banner die and I do like the combined effect.

Till next,
Annette

Comments

Popular Posts