A Simple Stamped Birthday Card





The sets I used to make the patterned background in this card are almost ancient… well at least vintage in the Stamping World, being Shape Ups (the circle stamp) and Burst Into Bloom (the flowers).   As I still had my old colours out I once again used Primrose Petals and Summer Starfruit inks and card base.   To make the patterned front, I cut out a panel of white cardstock a 5mm smaller than the card base and taped it down to my work surface with washi tape (the variety that is pretty but really doesn’t stick for long!).  Then I stamped the shape up circle randomly and 2 of the flower stamps over the top, leaving the centre section  with just circles.   Removing the washi tape creates a bit of a natural border which looks quite cool.   After that I stamped a sentiment from the Avant Garden set on a piece of scrap cardstock and ran it through the Bigshot with a rectangular stitched edge style die.  I mounted it onto the patterned top with dimensionals.

I also stamped the interior with a further sentiment on the white matted layer inside.   Which bring me to an interesting point – do you always stamp the interior as well (not just with a small co-ordinating picture stamp, but with a sentiment?   So far I have thought if I don’t have a specific sentiment, people are able to the turn the card to whatever occasion they would like – be it a birthday, thank you, sympathy, etc.   Then I considered that before I made my own I would rarely buy a blank card as then I didn’t have to think of something nice or something witty to say.    So, I’m trying to stamp some interiors too – well, most of them!

Comments

Popular Posts