Using Buttons on Cards





A couple of Christmas themed cards (who says you have to make Christmas Cards near Christmas!?)   this time using some buttons as holiday ornaments.


The first card uses white cardstock front, mounted on a red cardstock base.   On this white front I stamped in the top third a branch from the Stampin Up set Owl Occasions.   Then I stamped one owl (the one with the hat) from the Sugar & Spice Studio Red and White Christmas Set and the smaller owl from the Stampin Up Aviary set.   As these were wood mount stamps remember that placement is important so use a Stampin Ma Jig or similar :)



Below the branch, I stamped the ornament bow from the Stampin Up Tree Trimmings set and with a marker and ruler continued the line to the branch.   Under the bow I stuck a red button.
The sentiment is from Stampin Up Many Merry Messages.

The second card has a deliberate handmade look that works!  I used a cream matted layer over a light blue cardstock base.  


On the cream layer I attached 3 clouds (the top of the Stampin Up Cupcake Punch) and adhered them in place.   Below two of the clouds I used the ornament bow stamp and with a finepoint black marker drew a line by hand to the cloud above.   


I also drew a line inside each cloud freehand and around the edge of the cream card front.   The sentiment was from the Red & White Christmas Set.   Lastly I attached the buttons in place under the ornament bow.

Till next,
Annette

Comments

Popular Posts