From the Heart





I saw a similar card to this somewhere a couple of years ago and since it was still rolling around in my thoughts I gave it a whirl.   I don’t normally do a vintage look (as you probably know) but it’s one of my favourite cards made to date.   As I was basing it on a memory, goodness knows how close it is!!

For this card I used a cardbase of cream, then stamped a matting layer of mocha coloured card with a slightly darker brown ink using the Stampin Up En Francais background stamp (one of my all time favourites!).    

On a smaller piece of cream cardstock I stamped it all over with the Stampin Up World Map background stamp in a sepia and sponged the edges with the same ink.  I then overstamped the map with the From the Heart stamp (from the Stampin Up set All Year Cheer) in mocha brown ink and using a reinker I dabbed the bottle a few times directly on to the top layer for the spilled ink look.    


Finally I tore one corner off so that it looked even more worn! I mounted this on black cardstock and adhered this piece in place on the card.    

As I didn’t have a fountain pen stamp a quill could do just as well, so I stamped a feather from the Stampin Up Fine Feathers set on cream cardstock with the sepia coloured ink, used a SU marker to colour in some lines on the feathers which I washed lightly with an aquapainter and when dry fussy cut it and adhered it above one of the ink “spills”.

Hey Presto (well we know it took a lot longer than that!)

Till next,
Annette :)

Comments

Popular Posts