A Citrus Day





I have a tendency to buy stamp sets, all inspired, and then I receive them and put them away in the cupboard!   I made a pact with myself not to do this at one time (although sadly that hasn’t lasted!) and wanted to use this fabulous lemon stamp from the Stampin Up A Happy Thing set.     

The lemon is perfect for a colouring project so I stamped a couple in slightly different hues with markers and set to work.   

Using the colours in the lemon and leaves, I cut three rectangles of cardstock – one in green, lemon and black.   I fanned these out and adhered in place (harder than it looks!)  I attached this pile to a white matted black cardstock base.  

As I’m always short of Thank You cards, I decided they would both be thank yous and opted for the scripted Thank You in the Lots of Thanks set (Stampin Up).

I punched it out using the modern label punch and made the black background with two more of these punches in black cardstock, offset one above the other to frame the sentiment.

As a final touch I added some little stick on pearls :)

The second card was a bit more involved.   To get the double image I needed to make a mask from another stamped image that I fussy cut.   I stamped the first image, laid the mask over it and stamped the second image.   It worked rather well!    Once again I coloured in the yellow and green with markers and used the same Thank You sentiment.   I mounted the lemon branch on a black cardstock matting layer to frame it as it was going to be on more white.   


For the cardbase I used white cardstock and ran another white matting layer through the Bigshot with a leafy embossing folder and added a thin lemon coloured ribbon around one end before mounting the embossed layer.   Then I placed the lemons to the left of the card so you can see some of the trailing leaves of the embossed sheet and allowing the ribbon to peek out top and bottom.

Hey Presto, two lovely thank you cards <3

Till next,
Annette

Comments

Popular Posts