Another Swap Sketch Challenge

Although I have been busy with the paying side of creativity (jewellery), I had committed to a swap challenge this month, so I took a few hours out today to do it and quite enjoyed it this one!

Here is the challenge sketch.

Here are the combinations I came up with:

A white cardbase, "peach parfait" matting layer and then 3 layers - 2 cut from a patterned sheet of paper and one raised embossed white cardstock.  The flowers were cut from a Sizzix Bigz die.   Trim is white twine and a single champagne coloured rhinestone. 

White cardbase, "island indigo" matting layer, 2 patterned sheets from Stampin Up DSP pack ('mosaic madness' I think), a strip of cardstock in a colour that picks up the blue in the top patterned sheet.   Flower from a Sizzix Sizzlet, twine and a turquoise coloured rhinestone.

White cardbase, 2 patterned sheets in green/white and lemon/white, spring green cardstock raised embossed.   The daisy flower is from a Sizzix Bigz die - 2 of them layered - and a yellow rhinestone.   Green and white twine.  I really like this one's fresh colours.
I was rather inspired after this and wondered if I could use the same sort of design for a Christmas card and I'm quite happy with how it worked out too :)

A teal blue cardbase with a pale aqua (perhaps a bit more green than blue) sparkly polka dotted matting layer.   A snowflake patterned paper, a strip of handmade teal blue cardstock and white cardstock that I've stamped and coloured with markers.   Blue/white twine and an ornament shape punched out of glitter cardstock.
This is the inside:


 Till next :)

Comments

Popular Posts